LEADERSHIP DAY: Friday, May 19th is our first ever school Leadership Day!
On leadership day there will be a 45 minute assembly at 12:15 and the same assembly will be repeated at 1:20. This is where the song contest comes into play that our music teachers have organized. Along with the grades singing, there will be speeches by students all about the 7 habits.
Throughout the entire time (12:15-2:15) there will be an open house in the small gym with the students’ creative pieces. (This was on the flier that should have gone home earlier this week).
Our goal for this event is to have 100% student involvement in one way or another so please encourage students to create something that represents what they have learned with The Leader in Me Program (Due May 12th).
NORTHRIDGE DAY OF COLOR: Saturday, May 20. Mark the date! Please come join our school as we celebrate our successes this year! The students are planning the whole day by themselves, and it will be a lot of fun for the whole family.
- Fill out the form attachment for your student to sign up for a sidewalk block (or several if wanted!) Chalk is for sale in the office at cost if wanted.
- In place of a fundraiser, we are helping one of our Northridge alums with his eagle project this year and collect supplies for teachers to do more STEAM activities in their classroom. PLEASE follow the link and sign up to bring a supply!
- Chalk the Sidewalk – 9a-2p Show up early to start coloring your sidewalk spot, and then come at 1:30 for a huge pit of color! All squares are FREE this year, but you must reserve your spot in the office beginning Monday, May 8. 257 sections are available of varying size & condition. All squares will be marked with their numbers. Small box of pastel chalk will be sold for $2 each. If you have your own, feel free to bring it.
- Color Pit : 1:30-2:00 PM If you want an adventure, come celebrate and get covered in chalk in our Color Pit. Color packets can be released in the Color Pit Zone. Color packets are for sale for $2 each.
- Food Trucks – 11a-12p A portion of the money spent at the food trucks will be returned to our school and go towards our STEAM education kits for our amazing teachers.
STUDENT NOT RETURNING? As we plan for our classrooms next year, please let us know if you plan to be moving and will not be returning. This helps us tremendously with our planning. Simply email our secretaries and let them know!
YEARBOOK ORDERS: Yearbook orders are due this Tuesday, May 16. Orders received afterwards will be filled on a first come first served basis. Yearbooks will be delivered to six graders after graduation and May 24 for the remaining students. Thank you for supporting Northridge Elementary and your PTA. See the Order Form
ETHELYN LUNT RETIREMENT OPEN HOUSE: TODAY! May 15, 4-6 PM. Please come celebrate the amazing career of our wonderful librarian Ethelyn Lunt. Her open house will have treats and refreshments. Drop by, get a cookie, and come support her before she leaves.
PTA REPORT CARD TIME
As your PTA Board, we strive very hard to meet the needs ( and wants) of our community. We recognize that in order to better improve and adapt year to year, we depend on feedback from our parents and teachers.
As you may know, Northridge was awarded a “National PTA School of Excellence”title in 2015. In order to keep this status, we are required to go through a renewal process every 2 years. This year, we have made a concerted effort to do this, and your participation in this survey is our last step in our renewal process. Consider this survey our report card- and your chance once again to help us hone in on areas that are important to you!
This survey only takes a few minutes, but is extremely valuable to us. So… we have added a little extra motivation! For EVERY survey taken (there can be multiple ADULTS per household invited to take it) sign a slip for your student(s) to turn into the front office. The first 200 students to do it will receive their choice of a Jumbo Sugar Straw, or colorful Pinwheel!
To take survey, just click here: END OF YEAR SURVEY or go to http://www.surveyface.com/l/northridge-school-of-excellence-survey-may , and then fill out the slip below. Have your child bring it to the office to get their prize!
SEE THE ATTACHMENT FOR YOUR STUDENT TO COLLECT THE PRIZE
May 15th – (Mon.) Early Out Day
May 19th – (Fri.) Leadership Day – 12:15-2:15
May 20th – (Sat.) Northridge Day of Color
May 22nd – (Mon.) Early Out Day
May 24th – (Wed.) Field Day/Common Day Schedule (8:00-2:15)
May 26th – (Fri.) LAST DAY OF SCHOOL